What’s Happenin’ Wednesday
- Today’s the day, friends – it’s Free Juice Day at Ginger Juice! From 7 a.m. – 7 p.m., customers can get one free 8 oz. cold pressed juice while supplies last, no purchase necessary. If you plan to stop by, Ginger Juice is located at 7019 E Three Chopt Road. Sounds like a great healthy snack to get in before we all veg out on turkey day tomorrow!
- Speaking of Thanksgiving, if you’re still pondering what you’re going to take along to your family dinner, you might want to take a look at these four Thanksgiving healthy side dish recipes from Terra’s Kitchen, a meal delivery service. I don’t know about you, but the crispy haricot verts in a sweet and sour bacon sauce are calling to me!
- Temperatures are getting colder and hot chocolate season (aka the best season ever) is once again upon us. If you’re looking to really kick things up a notch, The Kitchn has you covered with 17 Boozy Hot Chocolate Recipes You Need to Make Right Now. Regardless of which recipe you choose to make, take a second to look at the marshmallows in all of the pictures. Yum.
- ICYMI: We got a sneak peek of Secret Sandwich Society before the new to Richmond restaurant opened its doors on East Grace Street to the public last week. We only had good things to say, but no surprise when pimento cheese fries are involved, right?
- Looking for a great hostess gift this holiday season? Look no further than Whisk. The bakery is offering holiday boxes which will include a variety of treats like house-made marshmallows, signature cookies and specialty items like chocolate caramel popcorn and gingerbread loaves. Small boxes serving 6-8 are $35 and large boxes serving 9-12 are $50. Orders for holiday boxes will be taken Monday and Tuesday every week in December until December 20, and boxes will be available to pick up on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. Customers can place orders by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), by phone or in person. If you order one, just don’t forget to get one for us, okay?!
- If you’ve been following along with Let’s Share A Dish for a while, you probably know by now that we’re huge fans of Stroops. Needless to say, we were pysched when we saw that their turporken dog was included in USA Today’s round-up of 150 Thanksgiving Flavors to Savor. Bonus: Turporken dogs are $5 all week long!
- According to a recent post on Instagram, Mean Bird is working on putting together a New Year’s Day brunch to celebrate their one year anniversary. Chicken and waffles sounds like a great way to kick off 2017 to me!
What to add to your calendar
- The Massey Alliance is hosting a Giving Tuesday party at Rapp Session on Tuesday, November 29 from 5 – 9 p.m. The event will include drink and food specials as well a special holiday themed cocktail. Rapp Session will donate 10% of food and drink sales from the event to Massey Cancer Center.
- Kick off the month of December by decking the halls at the Quirk Hotel tree trimming. Taking place on Thursday, December 1 from 5-8 p.m., a portion of the proceeds from the benefit will benefit Childsavers. If you bring a pink ornament or toy, you’ll receive a seasonal drink.
- Blue Bee Cider is presenting the perfect opportunity to get your shopping done locally this holiday season with the Christkindlmarkt. The event will take place on Sunday, December 4 from 1 – 4 p.m. at Blue Bee’s new Scott’s Addition location located at 1320 Summit Ave. Vendors will include Dal-Kohm, Studio Two Three and Dayum Jam, among others.
Last but not least, happy (early) Thanksgiving to you and yours! We’d love it if you would share your favorite Thanksgiving recipe in the comments below.