How is it already the end of October?! I cannot believe that Halloween is next week. I’m so excited for the fall weather that has finally made its way down to Richmond, but I know that also means that soon we’ll be looking at temperatures in the thirties and I’ll be wishing it was summer again.
What’s Happenin’ Wednesday
- November kicks off next week which means it’s time to start planning for Thanksgiving. If you want to impress your entire family and also all of your Instagram followers you need to order one of these picture perfect tarts from Whisk. Hurry, before they’re sold out.
- Speaking of Thanksgiving planning, Bon Appetit has an entire command center devoted to Thanksgiving recipes. They’ve got you covered from turkey to sweet potato pie. My favorite Thanksgiving dish? Dressing (aka stuffing).
- Week night meal planning is always a pain, but I’m sold on this recipe because of all the delicious, melty mozzarella cheese. It also doesn’t hurt that someone’s finally found a way to make making lasagna 100 times less time consuming.
- Mornings are getting colder and darker which means (sometimes) I need something to get me out of bed. Early Bird Biscuit just happens to be my incentive. In addition to the newly released fall menu, including a country ham sliders and a pulled pork biscuit, they’ve also introduced a Tuesday deal to satisfy biscuit and coffee lovers — Tuesday before 10 a.m. you can snag a biscuit sandwich and 12 oz coffee for $5.50!
- A couple of restaurant openings happened earlIer this week including Sally Bell’s new location across from the Science Museum and Goatocado’s first brick and mortar location on Main Street in the Fan.
- And finally, in genius food hack news, you’ve probably been making pita sandwiches all wrong.
What to add to your calendar
- Chicken biscuits, Bloody Mary’s, chicken and waffles, biscuits and gravy. Do I have your attention yet? Mean Bird and Isley Brewing Company are teaming up for brunch on November 13th. I’m giving you a heads up more than two weeks in advance so you have no excuse to miss this. P.S. bring your vegetarian friends because Mean Bird makes a mean vegan bird option too.
- The hidden gem that is Cask Cafe is celebrating its third Birthday next week! Join them on November 5th and 6th for celebrations that will surely include lots of beer and sausage craft sausage.
- If puzzle and beer are your thing, sign up for the Halloween Pubs and Puzzles event organized by Ravenchase Adventures on Sunday. Five puzzles and five pubs and tacky prizes for the top three teams. Register by Friday to reserve your spot.
- Need something to do on election night? Join RVA Comedy for RVA Tonight’s Election Night Special. Regardless of political leaning, I think we’ll all need a stiff drink on the evening of November 8th and here you won’t have to drink alone.